
(photo by Viktor Budnik)
Last night I was invited to a friend's party. When I arrived I was greeted by her two beautiful dogs and immediately fell in love with them. They were both rescued. I couldn't believe how incredibly sweet the dog from downtown L.A. was - he literally curled up next to me on the couch (as you see in the photo)
I want to mention a great rescue group in L.A. called Bound Angels. Please check them out.
While at the party I spoke to a guest who is a excellent vet in Malibu. I asked her about the vegan diet for dogs, and she said she's seen many dogs successfully on a vegetarian diet.
Funny enough, a vegan at the party doesn't think it's best, but he does feed his dog a raw diet with meat.
1 comment:
Another really awesome dog rescue is Dogs Need Homes http://dogsneedhomes.blogspot.com/. They rescue small sized dogs from overflowing SoCal shelters and bring them to NorCal on the weekends where there's high demand from them. My friends got their new furry family members from them and we can't imagine that these sweet darlings might have been put to death one day later. The folks running this rescue are real saints!
Post a Comment